Unit 2: Genetics
In this unit you will be responsible for learning about the relationship between mitosis and meiosis, Cell growth and division, human reproduction, DNA replication, transcription, translation, enzymes, Mendel’s Laws, and biotechnology. If you have misplaced the Learning Goals Inventory (LGI) that you received in class, you can download another one here. This document should be kept in your folder and used as a review for the unit assessment.
- 4.1 - Why is careful regulation of the cell cycle important to multicellular organisms?
- 4.2 - How is genetic material transmitted to new cells?
- 4.3 - How are proteins synthesized from DNA?
- 4.4 - How does the sorting of and recombination of genes in sexual reproduction result in a great variety of possible gene combinations?
- 4.5 - How are neurulation and gastrulation critical to early development?
- 4.6 - How do genes influence the variety of organisms that exist?
- 4.7 - How is society influenced by biotechnology?