Circulatory System (SC.912.L.14.36)
This lesson is more about the flow of blood through the circulatory system and factors that affect the flow of blood. First the students had to recall from middle school lessons the different components of blood and the functions of each. The links below provide some information about blood and the circulatory system.
- Click here to download the information about the components of blood
- Click here to access the infographic on High Blood Pressure and medications to treat it
- Click here for more info about the circulatory system
In this activity the students played the role of an marketing firm tasked with evaluating data in order to recommend the best treatment for hypertension. They had to provide a rationale for their recommendations and rank the six possible treatments in order from most to least effective.
Some guiding questions to ask yourself and to include in your letter:
- What are the most important things to consider in your procedure?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of each?
Click on the links below to access the files.
Letter from the National Blood Pressure Foundation
Data for Blood Pressure Treatments
Letter Template: This is to be used as a guide, not copied verbatim
2nd Letter from NBPF
2nd Data Set
2nd Letter Template
To Demonstrate Mastery
To Improve Understanding
BLOOD GROUPS AROUND THE WORLD - Analyze the distribution of Blood types around the world and look for emergent patterns
Videos - Watch and take notes